State of Texas Department of Information Resource:
On September 7, 2017, Guidehouse was awarded a contract to provide Deliverables-Based IT services to Texas agencies and other state entities as part of the Texas Department of Information Resources’ (DIR) Cooperative Contracts program. Guidehouse maintains offices in Austin, Dallas and Houston, and we are continually engaged in projects serving Texas institutions and companies across the entire state. Through our local teams, our hiring programs at major universities and our extensive community service work, we demonstrate our commitment to serving Texas
Application Maintenance and Support
Application Maintenance and Support includes the skills and requirements for supporting application systems, including troubleshooting, modifying, maintaining and enhancing legacy systems. Application Maintenance and Support also applies to applications running in a production environment.
- Research, analysis, design, programming, testing, documenting and implementing maintenance changes;
- Correcting software errors;
- Modifying reports and ensuring accurate report runs;
- Making modifications to the applications and documentation;
- Writing ad hoc queries;
- Loading and applying changes to the software language and/or database in which the application is written;
- and Providing corrections for production or any changes needed and participation in disaster recovery testing, planning and documentation.
Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Warehouse
BI enables an organization to perform in-depth analysis and includes, where required, data mining of detailed business data providing real and significant information to business users. BI may include an integrated group of operational and decision support applications and databases. BI makes use of tools designed to easily access data warehouse data. A data warehouse collects, organizes and makes data available for the purpose of analysis and gives organizations the ability to access and analyze information about its business. The function of the data warehouse is to consolidate and reconcile information from across disparate business units and IT systems and provide a context for reporting and analysis.
- Architectural design, extraction, transformation and loading of data sources;
- Planning, assessment, product installation and tuning;
- Prototype development, deployment, data cleansing, data mart development and support;
- Data migration, integration with data mining;
- Integration with business intelligence tools and/or systems;
- Data scrubbing;
- Data transformation; and
- Training and knowledge transfer.
Information Technology Project Management
- Project Management service providers may perform any Project or all of the project management processes identified by the Project Management Institute as published in the PMBOK® Guide, Fifth Edition or most recent.
- Utilizing the Customer’s tools and processes, using off the-shelf tools, using Vendor’s own proprietary tools and processes to manage a project and using the Texas Project Delivery Framework.
Technology Upgrade/Migration and Transformation
Technology Upgrade/Migration may be required to increase business functionality, reengineer a business function, keep current with vendor upgrades or when upgrading existing technology. Technology transformation may be accomplished by converting/migrating legacy applications to new technology either with or without new business functionality or it may include introducing new technology into the enterprise. Technology Upgrade/Migration may also include providing website content accessibility compliance.
- Assessments of the current application portfolio, evaluation of the technology assets before beginning technology transformation and Business Case development for justification of an initiative;
- Technology transformations, which may include, appropriate Return on Investment (ROI), benchmarks and milestones;
- Planning, analysis, requirements development, proof of concept, deployment, implementation, integration, remediation, data migration, documentation, application programming and support services; and
- Training support.
Information Technology Assessments and Planning
IT Assessments and Planning may include IT effectiveness, maturity, governance, project management and architecture. Strategic planning activities may include mission statement development, visioning and goals, objectives, and strategy development. Tactical planning may require that actionable plans and roadmaps be provided.
- IT assessments, including enterprise architecture and cloud assessments;
- Staff knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) assessments; and
- Bandwidth assessments, network performance and strategic and tactical planning.
Application Development is the development of new applications which may be mainframe, server, network-based, web-based or a combination. The requirements for new applications may require interfaces to existing applications.
- Web application development;
- Mobile application development;
- Service oriented architecture (SOA);
- Researching; analyzing; gathering requirements; designing; programming; testing; documenting and implementing; applying changes to the software language and/or database in which the application is written; and
- Providing corrections for production or any changes needed and participation in disaster recovery planning and documentation.
Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V)
Verification and Validation are independent procedures that are used together for in-depth analysis by checking that a product, service, or system meets requirements, independent oversight of SDLC processes and specifications and that it fulfills its intended purpose.
- Validation of software design to meet system needs/requirements;
- Traceability of safety critical requirements;
- Design analysis of selected critical algorithms; and
- Code analysis of mission-critical software components and the independent oversight and assessment of systems development life cycle (SDLC) processes (such as issue and risk management, requirements analysis, testing, data conversion etc.).
Information Technology Procurement Assistance
Information Technology Procurement Assistance services may include assistance in IT Statement of Work (SOW) and/or Request for Offer (RFO) development. Procurement assistance activities may include requirements gathering, scoring criteria development, and evaluation criteria development.
Specification development, Statement of Work (SOW) development, and RFO development for IT products and services
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
ERP is an amalgamation of an organization’s information systems designed to automate and integrate a variety of functions, commonly referred to as “back office”, including financials, human resources and asset management. These systems are modularized and generally highly configurable.
Planning and assessment; requirements development; business process reengineering (BPR); implementation and conversion services; application programming and support services; database administration, system software administration and support; functional support; and training support.
How to order
To order services from contract number DIR-TSO-4002, complete a Statement of Work (SOW) in the form contained in Appendix C. Please contact either Todd Hoffman or Erin Hutchins for more information on your requirements and to work through the process of generating an SOW to meet your specific needs.
Note that Guidehouse may begin work only after receiving (1) the purchase order and (2) an SOW signed by authorized representatives of both the customer and Guidehouse.
Warranty Policy: N/A
DIR Co-op Contract Program Overview
At a time of increasing demand and diminishing resources, Guidehouse helps state and local governments connect citizens with government, plan and drive investments and increase efficiency to promote long term economic, environmental, social and cultural prosperity.
Guidehouse has helped some of the largest state and local government agencies navigate through their toughest challenges. Through our state and local-focused service offerings, Guidehouse’s consultants work with senior officials to develop and implement innovative strategies that deliver lasting results.
Principal, Public Sector, Guidehouse
(917) 664 6188
DIR Contracts Manager, Guidehouse
(703) 477 0412
Director, State & Local Government, Guidehouse
(512) 983 1994