Countries receiving U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) funds face complex challenges and unique opportunities. Trends such as rapid population growth, changing demographics, increasing prevalence of non-communicable diseases, continued high incidence of infectious disease, and changing public health priorities and business models are challenges that must be recognized and resolved. To address these challenges, USAID has awarded Guidehouse, formerly PwC Public Sector LLP, an Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract (IDIQ AID-OAA-I-15-00032) to provide Technical Assistance designed to strengthen country supply systems and enhance strategic collaboration.
The multiple award IDIQ, capped at $500M, with an ordering period of 5 years may be used by Missions for a wide range of activities in partner countries: from strategic planning to capacity building.
Our solutions are founded in 5 key principles for supply chain management.
We work with you to promote sustainable, impactful delivery.
We never lose sight of your objectives: capacity building to consistently supply high quality, safe, cost-effective, health commodities to the patient when and where needed.
Our learner-centric approach to capacity building facilitates sustainability.
We employ innovative learning tools from academia. Our local staff work hand-in-hand with you to institutionalize solutions.
We commit to honesty and transparency in our partnership.
Our core business is ensuring transparency, reliability, and compliance.
Our approach to solution development is both top-down and bottom-up.
Our solutions are grounded in leading practices and may be standardized, but are customized to account for local context, capacity and resources.
We have formalized innovation in our delivery.
We have teamed with the the APICS Supply Chain Council to identify cross-industry practices that can be applied to some of the most persistent challenges; You will have direct access to our team members who have successfully driven innovation.
Through this IDIQ, we may support you in a number of areas:
- Strategic Planning
- In-Country Logistics
- Quantification & Forecasting
- Supply Planning
- Procurement Processes
- Warehousing & Inventory Management
- Distribution & Transportation
- Waste Management
- Quality Assurance Processes
- Pharmaceutical and Commodity Selection
- Loss Prevention
- Supply Chain Design
- Capacity Building
- Enabling Environments
- Commodity Financing Models
- Human Resources
- Governance & Leadership
- Global Collaboration & Strategic Engagement
- Advocacy & Coordination
- Knowledge Management & Communication
- Data Analytics & Technology Development
- Mobile Technologies
- Data Visualization
- GEO Tracing
- Public-Private Partnerships
Our Team Members
Guidehouse has a shared philosophy of sustainability and innovation. Our team members have demonstrated passion and expertise to strengthen the health systems in which they work by designing and implementing country-owned solutions, and by improving health systems. Our team includes a balance of supply chain thought leaders from industry and academia, as well as professionals in technology and health systems strengthening. Led by Guidehouse, a management consulting firm of 1,600, our consortium possesses deep expertise in areas including supply chain management, strategic planning, risk management, technology, health industries, tax and customs, people and change, and financial management. Our team includes:
- Abt Associates, a trusted partner with decades of experience implementing high-impact health solutions in resource-constrained settings.
- Bolloré Africa Logistics, the largest transport and logistics operator in Africa, employing nearly 24,000 people and present in 46 countries in Africa.
- Imperial Health Sciences, a trusted partner and innovator in logistics and advisory services for health supply chains.
- Academic partners, including the William Davidson Institute (WDI) at the University of Michigan and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Center for Transportation and Logistics (CTL), that inject cutting edge thinking into our solutions.
- VillageReach, a not for profit, specializing in improving access to healthcare at the last mile.
- A number of small businesses, most of who have partnered extensively with USAID in the past, and bring specialized expertise in key technical areas, including Devis, LLamasoft, Applied Strategies, Pharmaceutical Systems Africa, TransCentury Associates, and GCC Technologies.
Our Current Task Orders
Since 2016, Guidehouse has partnered with USAID and the Governments of South Africa and Tanzania to improve medicine availability by strengthening health supply chains. Our supply chain and health systems strengthening professionals have succeeded in aligning stakeholders around strategic priorities, building the capacity of the workforce, designing new or optimizing existing processes, and improving data visibility and decision making.
Melanie Thomas Armstrong