This policy was last updated on February 2019
Guidehouse LLP (“Guidehouse,” “Company,” “we,” or “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your Personal Data. This Privacy Statement explains how Guidehouse uses and discloses the Personal Data that we collect when you use www.guidehouse.com or other digital services that we own or operate and that link to this Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Services”). Personal Data is information that reasonably can be used to identify a specific person, such as a name, personal address, personal phone number, financial account information, geolocation data, etc. By using the Services, you confirm that you understand and agree to the use of your Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Statement, which is incorporated into our Terms and Conditions (“Terms”). If you do not understand our Privacy Statement, please contact us using the information below. If you do not agree to our Privacy Statement or Terms, you may not use the Services.
Guidehouse collects information which you voluntarily provide in connection with your use of the Services. In particular, Guidehouse may collect certain Personal Data such as name, job title, company name, address, email address, telephone, and fax numbers when you request information through our Contact form.
When you navigate the Services, we and our vendors may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device over time and across different websites, through a variety of technical methods including cookies and web beacons, and other technologies (collectively, “Online Identification Technologies”). The information we collect includes your IP address, the content and features you use or view on the Services, how you navigate through the Services, the online services you visit immediately before and after you access our Services, and the search terms you enter on our Services. Guidehouse may combine information collected through means such as cookies or third-party analytics tools with Personal Data maintained by Guidehouse. For more information, please see the section titled “Online Identification Technologies.”
Guidehouse’s intention is not to seek any sensitive information through our Services unless legally required. Sensitive information includes a number of types of data relating to: race or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or other similar beliefs; trade union membership; physical or mental health; sexual life or criminal record. We suggest that you do not provide sensitive information of this nature. If you choose to provide sensitive information for any reason, Guidehouse accepts your explicit consent to use that information in the ways described in this Privacy Statement or as described at the point where you choose to disclose this information.
Use of Personal Data
The information we collect allows us to operate, provide, analyze, and improve the Services, consistent with our commitments in this Privacy Statement. These activities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing the Services and satisfying your requests. We use your Personal Data for the purposes for which it was provided to us as stated at the point of collection (or as obvious from the context of collection).
- Monitoring, improving, and developing Services. Guidehouse may also use your information in order to administer and manage the site.
- Communicating with you. We may use your information to communicate with you about the Services and answer your questions.
- Preventing illegal activities. We may use your information to detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions, illegal activities, and violations of our Terms. We also may use your information to protect the rights and property of Guidehouse and others.
Our Services do not collect or compile Personal Data for dissemination or sale to third parties for consumer marketing purposes.
Online Identification Technologies
We may utilize online identification technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, or pixels in connection with the Services. Online Identification Technologies can be used to store registration information in an area of our site so that a user does not need to re-enter it on subsequent visits to that area. It is Guidehouse’s intention to use these technologies to make navigation of our websites easier for visitors, to facilitate efficient registration procedures (including remembering preferences), and to better deliver tailored content to visitors.
Guidehouse may utilize Online Identification Technologies from marketing partners on our sites, third party sites, and social media platforms. These technologies aid in measuring the efficacy of our marketing and awareness campaigns and to understand how visitors navigate to our sites from a Guidehouse ad. We use this technology to compile aggregated statistics about visitors who interact with Guidehouse online content, to gauge the effectiveness of our ads and to better provide more pertinent information to our visitors.
If you are concerned about cookies, you may refuse or delete one or more cookies and still access our websites, but site functionality may be impaired. After you finish browsing our websites, you may delete site cookies from your system if you wish.
In order to properly manage our Services we also anonymously log information on our operational systems and identify categories of visitors by items such as domains and browser types. These statistics are reported in the aggregate to our webmasters. This is to ensure that our website presents the best web experience for visitors and is an effective information resource.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Guidehouse may share your Personal Data with third parties, including non-affiliated companies, under the following circumstances:
- To business partners and service providers: We may share your Personal Data data collected by Guidehouse may be transferred or disclosed with business partners and vendors, including to third party contractors and , subcontractors, subsidiaries, and/or affiliates, which perform business operations for us. These third parties are authorized to use your Personal Data only as necessary to provide these services to us. For example, the purposes for which the visitor has submitted the information and for the administration of our system or site and/or other internal, administrative purposes. Personal Data may also be transferred to third party service providers of identity management, website hosting and management, data analysis, data backup, security and storage services.
It is Guidehouse’s policy to disclose information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- We may provide certain information to governmental and recognized law enforcement agencies as required by applicable law, statute, rule, regulation or professional standard, or through subpoena, search warrant or other legal process, where we believe it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation. This includes disclosures for regulatory compliance purposes.
- We may share certain information about you with our subsidiaries and/or affiliates for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement.
- When explicitly requested by a user.
- When required to deliver publications or reference materials requested by a user.
- When required to facilitate conferences or events hosted by a third party.
- Or otherwise as set out in this statement.
Third party links and services
The Personal Data you submit to us will only be retained for as long as is required for the purposes for which it was collected and/or as required under our document retention policies.
If you visit this site or contact us from outside the United States, you consent to the processing of your information in the United States, or other countries and territories, pursuant to the laws of the United States. Please be advised that some of the laws of the United States may not offer the same level of privacy protection as your own jurisdiction.
Personal Data may be transferred outside the country where the user is located. By submitting data through the Services, you are providing explicit consent to the transfer of such data for the fulfillment of your voluntary requests or as otherwise as set out in the “Use of Personal Data” section.
Do Not Track
We do not currently alter our practices when a Do Not Track signal is received. To learn about Do Not Track and for information about how to opt out of receiving targeted advertising, please click www.aboutads.info/choices.
Guidehouse has implemented reasonable standards of technology and operational security designed to protect the Personal Data we collect from disclosure, loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Only authorized Guidehouse personnel are provided access to Personal Data and these employees have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of this information. You should keep in mind, however, that no data transmitted over the Internet is 100% secure and any information disclosed online can potentially be collected and used by parties other than the intended recipient. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our Services.
Guidehouse understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. The Services are not designed for, intended to track, or directed towards children under the age of thirteen (13) years. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children. It is Guidehouse’s policy never to knowingly collect or maintain Personal Data about children under the age of 13.
Guidehouse may update this statement at any time by publishing an updated version here. You can access the most current version of this Privacy Statement at any time on this site. When we update this Privacy Statement, we will post a new effective date.
Additionally, if we make material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will take reasonable steps to notify you, such as by posting an announcement on our website.