Guidehouse Announces Non-Profit Board Appointments Supporting Numerous CSR Initiatives
Washington, DC – August 8, 2019 – Guidehouse, a leading provider of management consulting services, announced today that seven of the firm’s professionals have joined a non-profit board as part of the Guidehouse Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative.
Engaging with the greater community is at the core of Guidehouse, whose CSR program encompasses ambassadors from all of business sectors and geographic locations. The firm’s unique approach to CSR is collaborative and cooperative, encouraging their people to bring forward their favorite non-profits, gather a team together, and volunteer to support that organization. Over the past year, Guidehouse employees have engaged in the community and volunteered in a number of activities at twice the national average.
Recently, the following Guidehouse professionals were named to numerous non-profit boards, a reflection of the diverse contributions of their CSR initiatives:
- Jeremias Alvarez, Managing Director at Guidehouse, Board Member at Studio Theatre, Washington’s premier venue for contemporary theatre.
- Antoine Elachkar, Managing Director at Guidehouse, Board Member at Beacon House DC, an after school program supporting children in the Edgewood neighborhood of Northeast Washington, DC.
- Lisa Ann McLane, Director at Guidehouse, Board Member at The Washington Chorus, which preserves and advances the art of choral music.
- Rumbidzai (Rumbi) Mufuka, PhD, Senior Associate at Guidehouse, Board Member at Art Enables, an Art Gallery and Vocational Arts program dedicated to creating opportunities for artists with disabilities.
- William Seiferth, Partner, Board Member of Special Olympics DC, which provides year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for over 1600 children and adults with intellectual disabilities or closely related developmental disabilities.
- Karen Wilson, Partner at Guidehouse, Board Member at After-School All-Stars DC, providing after-school programs for DC Public middle schools.
- Brian Wodarski, Partner at Guidehouse, Board Member at Levine Music, the Washington DC region’s preeminent center for music education offering high quality instruction and performances for students of all ages, abilities and economic backgrounds.
“Corporate social responsibility is a bridge that connects our people to our communities,” said Scott McIntyre, Chief Executive Officer of Guidehouse. “We are delighted about the involvement within our community as demonstrated through these board appointments and validation of our commitment to these important causes. We take great pride in our people, and the fact that they want to be able to support their communities and have a real impact.”
“We know that what motivates people is autonomy, mastery, and expertise. As such, our CSR program is built around these three tenets,” added Shannon White, Partner and Corporate Social Responsibility Leader at Guidehouse. “We applaud these professionals and our team at Guidehouse for our collective determination to support CSR.”
For more information about CSR initiatives at Guidehouse, please visit our website.
Guidehouse is a leading provider of management, technology, and risk consulting services to the public and commercial markets. We help our clients solve their toughest challenges through the co-creation of scalable, innovative solutions to prepare them for future growth and success. Headquartered in Washington DC, the company has more than 1,800 professionals in over 20 locations. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company and led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit: www.guidehouse.com.