Institute of International Banking Law & Practice
Join a cast of global specialists in risk and compliance, trade finance, trade tech, regulatory, and beyond for two half days of hard hitting conversations at the cutting edge of trade finance and compliance concerns. This event encompasses sanctions, trade based money laundering, terrorist financing, and beyond.
Our Guidehouse experts Alexandra Will and Priya Giuliani are confirmed to speak at the conference.
June 8, 11:30 – 12:10 | KYC: How Well do you Actually Know your Customers?
• Beneficial Ownership and Legal Entity Identifier use
• Regulated BO databases
• Onboarding New Customers: Can we make it easier?
• Understanding what you should know about your customers and their related companies
• What do the Wolfsberg principles say about KYC?
• KYCC – limitations of cross border privacy laws
• SWIFT KYC Registry: Uptake
• Uganda Beneficial Ownership Report from GFI
Moderator: Neil CHANTRY (Specialist Consultant)
Panellists: Alexandra WILL (Guidehouse); Onesmus MUGYENI (ACODE); Idrissa DIOP (Afreximbank)
June 9, 09:05 – 10:05 | Trade-based Money Laundering
• Data sharing and analytics between countries
• Complicated STR/SAR filings drive TBML: time for Standards?
• U.K. “Dear CEO” letter on AML Frameworks and risk assessments
• Dual Use Goods and Pricing: to report or not to report?
Moderator: Graham BALDOCK (Anglo-Gulf Trade Bank)
Panellists: Andy HINDLEY (TradeSun); Priya GUILIANI (Guidehouse); Chris MOORE (WIPRO); Herman ANNINK (RSM Netherlands)