Optimize post-acute, readmissions, and care at home initiatives to achieve financial and clinical goals.
For many healthcare organizations clinical transformation that achieves financial and clinical objectives depends on an optimized, well-executed post-acute strategy. At Guidehouse, we help organizations improve patient experiences and clinical outcomes while significantly reducing the cost to provide care.
Our clinical solutions address multiple care venues, including inpatient rehabilitation facilities, skilled nursing facilities (SNF), long-term acute care hospitals, home health, hospice, hospital at home delivery, remote patient monitoring, palliative care, and outpatient rehabilitation.
The lack of standardized pathways guiding post-acute utilization, in particular, has significant quality and spend implications that impact public and private sector payers and providers. Guidehouse helps payers, providers, and government agencies improve care delivery across the continuum to:
- Reduce acute care length of stay related to post-acute care delays.
- Improve margin of owned post-acute assets.
- Prevent readmissions.
- Fill gaps in the continuum.
- Form partnerships.
- Address post-acute challenges from COVID-19.
- Enable care at home.
Guidehouse’s comprehensive approach to positioning organizations for future success includes:
- Developing preferred post-acute partnership networks.
- Evaluating strategic partnership models.
- Cultivating clinical and operational effectiveness.
- Implementing hospital at home models.
- Positioning for payment transformation.
- Improving post-acute bed demand.
- Reducing avoidable readmissions.
- Advancing remote patient monitoring.
- Successful continuum of care management.
- Developing SNFist programs.
Latest From Post-Acute, Readmissions, Enabling Care at Home
March 22, 2022 Case StudyPalomar Health Granted CMS Acute Hospital Care at Home Approval in 3 MonthsHealth system worked with Guidehouse on an enterprise transformation initiative to strengthen performance and thrive during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
November 11, 2020 InsightsThe Secret Sauce for Care Transformation: Four Lessons from Healthcare LeadersTaking cues from leaders whose organizations have experienced clinical integration success could help health systems design their own successful models.
October 23, 2020 InsightsApplying Military Principles to Healthcare to Drive Value During COVID-19 and BeyondCOVID-19 has taught us that we do not have the right healthcare infrastructure to truly take care of communities during a pandemic
April 27, 2020 InsightsCOVID-19: A Call to Action for Health Systems and Post-Acute Providers — Particularly Nursing Homes — to Closely Partner