Increased adoption of cloud services, industry consolidations, and rapid acquisition cycles have made identity management and access governance complex. Organizations often have multiple directory platforms and Active Directory domains, as well as numerous multifactor authentication and access management APIs governing initial authorization and authentication for information assets.
Often, only a fraction of these information assets is provisioned and governed through a central automated process and stored in a single governance environment. This complicates automation of access workflows and leads many companies to process access requests using more manual than automated methods. Fortunately, there are proven strategies for streamlining and automating access governance using identity and access management (IAM) and robotic process automation (RPA) solutions.
The most common process for the majority of IT service operations is via their normal onboarding workflow. Though this is often partially automated via IAM platforms, typically only about 20% to 35% of applications are included in the onboarding process workflow, leaving 65% to 80% of applications to be manually provisioned. Many of these applications have a simplified access regimen, with either read-only or full read/write (administrator)access rights.
Guidehouse’s experts can help organizations set up RPA routines to automate and incorporate these processes into an organization’s centralized identity governance platform to reduce reliance on time-consuming, error-prone manual provisioning. RPA can simplify governance provision throughout the full identity and access management life cycle—from new joiners to leavers and movers.
Because manual provisioning of access governance takes up significant staff time, RPA presents an opportunity for considerable efficiencies and savings. A more thorough, automated approach to identity management increases scalability, improves integration, and aids compliance by preventing separation-of-duties (SoD) violations. With Guidehouse’s identity management solutions, these collective efficiencies enhance employee satisfaction and improve overall operational effectiveness.
For more information, visit: www.guidehouse.com/cybersecurity